Meals and Menus
We subscribe to theconcept of slow food and eco-gastronomy – a recognition of the strongconnections between plate and planet. Slow Food is good, clean andfair food. We believe that the food we eat should taste good; that itshould be produced in a clean way that does not harm the environment orour health; and that food producers should receive fair compensationfor their work.
Eating delights the senses andnourishes body and soul. Healing Dreams Retreat is committed toproviding a high quality dining experience by using the best availablelocal organic produce, and ethically raised and harvested FlindersIsland specialty meats. We focus on clean, healthy, and deliciouspreparations designed to both nourish and delight you during your stay. We are happy to respond to special dietary requests.
Weoffer breakfast for all visitors. Lunches and dinners can beaccommodated with advance notice. We also offer Cheese Platters forthose receiving massage and other healing therapies.
Following is a sampling of our cuisine; you can make special requests when you book.
- Homemade Muesli
- Homemade breads with butter and jam
- Fresh Yogurt with seasonal fruits
- Free range eggs from our chickens
- Availablewith every meal is a wide variety of juices, herbal teas, freshfiltered mountain spring water, organic honey - and yes, organic coffee!
(choose between a lunch in the wilderness, or at the retreat)
Lunch at Healing Dreams:
- Egg or salad sandwiches on homemade bread
- Olives, cheeses, and biscuits
- Beautiful organic salads
- Vegetarian Quiches
- Enriching soups (often vegan)
Dinner Menu Sample (Our menu changes seasonally):
- Entrée of an organic salad or enriching homemade soup
- Main course options of:
- Red bell pepper and feta or spinach quiche served with a wild mushroom risotto
- Spicy red lentil daal with rice, yogurt and olives
- Locally caught flathead or garfish filets sautéed and served with a lemon rice pilaf
- Wallaby or local lamb grilled with rosemary and served with garlic mashed potatoes
- Dessert course options of:
- Homemade ice creams
- French apple tart
- A flourless orange and almond torte
- Individual cheesecakes with blueberries or passionfruit
- Chocolate…we always try to have something chocolate!
- Westock a selection of certified organic white and red wines. We alsohave Ariel de-alcoholised wines. For more about these wines, click here.